Saturday, November 19, 2011

House Rules

Title: House Rules
Author: Jodi Picoult
Published: 2010
Pages 533
Days it took me to read: 8 hours
Rating 3.5

Favorite Quote: 'How did you sleep last night?' On my stomach

Review: What can I say, I grabbed 3 of Jodi's books while I was at the library the other day. House Rules is another one that I read the summary of when it first came out and then put it back on the shelf. Once again she did not disappoint. Jacob is autistic, but he is high functioning Asperger's. He's 18 and obsessed with forensic evidence. His brother is overlooked, his mom gave up her life for him and his tutor is dead. He ends up as a murder suspect.

It was frustrating to read this book - mainly because Jacob is a frustrating character. And I know this probably sounds awful but if I have a baby that as special needs I pray that if it has to be something I want it to be Down's and not Autism. My heart went out to Emma ( the mom) I can not image having a child that does not want to be touched. That could not register my emotion towards them, or heaven forbid not get my sarcasm! lol

Although this was more of a mystery it really wasn't. You know what happens but the truth doesn't come out for another 250 pages. Plus I just did not understand why he didn't tell the WHOLE truth in the first place, but again not a real person so it doesn't matter. If I had to sugguest this or Handle with Care, I would say read Handle with Care....although this was obviously good enough for me to read 265 pages a day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment