Saturday, November 19, 2011

Born To Run

Title: Born to Run
Author Christopher McDougall
Published: 2009
Pages: 287
Days it took me to read: 4 days
Rating: 5 starts

Favorite Quote: “Deny your nature and it will erupt in some other, uglier way.”


Review: This book is amazing. I still do not consider myself a runner but I do run and a goal of mine is to run a marathon - just to say I did. The only problem is that I really am not a distance runner. The author is a marathoner and kept getting hurt. He could not understand why with the technology that we have and all of the super tech running shoes why he was getting hurt. And at the same time there was a tribe out there called 'The Running People' and in 2 days they could run 400 miles. barefoot. He set out on an adventure to find out their secret even if it meant life or death.'


I learned so much about running. My relationship with running.  And other runners for that matter - every time I read all I wanted to do is run! Even though I guess you could consider this book educational it was a quick read for the most part.  If you like to run, if you're thinking about running, or if you just want to learn more about running - READ THIS BOOK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment