Saturday, November 19, 2011

Handle With Care

Title: Handle with Care
Author: Jodi Picoult
Published: 2009
Pages 477
Days it took me to read: 8 hours
Rating: 4.5

Favorite Quote: ' Do you drink a lot of soda?' Um, yeah I guess. 'Well stop, they use that stuff to clean up the blood after traffic accidents'

Review:  So I would say for the past 3 weeks I haven't really read anything. I've been in a depressed slump with pretty much meant I worked, I slept, I ate. So thankfully a trip to the library has helped me get out of that! I read this book in 3 sittings and it is pretty great if you ask me. I feel like if you read the summary you may put it back on the shelf. Actually that's exactly what I did in the aisle of Target when this book came out. Jodi is one of my favorite authors and when I saw that she was writing about disabilities I have to say I was a little turned off.

I should know by now not to doubt the woman, she is an amazing writer and I always feel as if her characters could be my neighbors. This book is about will who has OI (brittle bone disease) and her mother sues her OB-GYN doctor. I think my mom would find this book interesting because they talk about ultrasounds a lot and pregnancy. Then again that is her job not her life so maybe she wouldn't..

Even though I realize these characters are not real, my heart went to Charlotte (the mom) I wished Amelia was stronger. I felt sorry for Pipper and prayed for Williow's bravery and child innocence. I do have to say I did not like the way the book ended. At all. It actually pissed me off a little bit but then again she's ended books like this before so I shouldn't have been too surprised I guess.

I am glad I read this and will probably add it to my collection as I have all of her other books already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment