Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Unlikely Disciple

Title: The Unlikely Disciple
Author: Kevin Roose
Published: 2009
Pages: 319
Days it took me to read: 3 days
Rating: 4 stars
Favorite Quote: this isn't really a quote, but he talks about how 'normal' the students at Liberty are.

Review: So this book is about a Quaker who goes to Liberty college for a semester. He is not a Christian but he wants to see what it is like at a Christian college. There are many things I found interesting about this book. I think it is nice to show people that Christians are 'normal' and that they deal with the same issues everyone on the planet deals with. Of course there are things I didn't like about the book - I guess I have never really been a big Jerry Falwell fan mainly because I think he was more a 'bible pusher' and gave a back image of Christians, or at least a little too hard core. But it was interesting to learn about the school he started! I think this is a great book for anyone to read. I do enjoy reading debut novels because I look at the author's writing style, things I would have changed etc. But this is a great reminder to everyone out there that no one is perfect and we are all dealing with our own struggles through life.


No comments:

Post a Comment