Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Saving Karyn

Title: Saving Karyn
Author: Karyn Bosnak
Published: 2003
Pages: 445
Days it took me to read: 2 days
Rating 3.5

Favorite Quote " I really needed this ______ it's an investment into my future."

Review: This book is about a girl who moves to the big city to be on her own for once, and away from the life that she knows to 'find herself'. All she seemed to find was stores to shop in. I could relate to her and yet I feel like I have a little bit more self control than to let me spending get to the point of 20k in debt. She was very smart in starting a website to have people help her, but I could see both sides of the story. People were upset b/c she was having others pay back her debt that she gained by buying $400 sunglasses and $500 purses. There are thousands (millions I'm sure) of people all around the world who are in debt but do not have others paying back for them. She was lucky enough to be the first to think of this...and very unlucky to have gone through this hell. I can't even, and don't even want to imagine the stress she felt reading her credit card statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment