Saturday, September 3, 2011

Househusband

Title: Househusband
Author: Ad Hudler
Published 2002
Pages: 294
Days it took me to read: 2
Quote: 'Malibu Beach Barbie soon proved to be as evil as I'd feared.'
Rate: 3.5

Review: I guess I would say I picked this book up mainly because of the title and false hopes that maybe I could take some notes and some how implement them into my own husband. After the first 4 paragraphs I realized that would never happen but was into the book enough to continue to read for the shire entertainment value. Linc is a stay at home day who seems to be a Type-A feminized male if you ask me. I had to wonder throughout the book if he was going to be coming out of the closet in the next chapter or not (spoiler alert: he doesn't) I did think his parenting advice was good and I should probably take notes on how Malibu Barbie is an evil bitch.

Ad Hudler is a stay at home dad himself so I did have to wonder how much of this story is real and how much is made up. Again, since I am writing a book about my life but in a way that makes it sound fiction (avoiding lawsuits here people) well I have to say I like the mystery behind that question. The thing I did not like about this book is how there were actual recipes in the back of some of the chapters. I mean I get that the character is really into cooking but make up your mind; are you writing a novel or cook book? Then again this is a way for this book to be different the all the others.

I would read this book again, although probably not anytime soon. It will probably be 3 years down the road when I'm standing in line at the library and skim through and THEN realize, why yes I have read this book already!



No comments:

Post a Comment